
I've been a big fan of Robin Jones Gunn ever since I first read book one in the Christy Miller series. Although I am now married, I did pray for my future husband as a teenager. Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer deliver a to-the-heart compilation of thoughts and advice for young women who are waiting for their handsome prince to arrive.
Each chapter covers a way to pray for your future spouse: Pray for Strength, Pray for Intimacy, Pray for Trust, and so on. A chapter begins with a Bible verse and includes personal stores from Robin and Tricia, as well as how to pray for your spouse and prepare your heart for him. The chapter then ends with discussion questions, and not generic ones, either. The questions really get to the heart of the matter and make you think. If you're not discussing them with friends, write about them in a journal; get to know your soul.
The book isn't just about your future husband; it's also about preparing yourself for him. Robin and Tricia encourage you to fall in love with God, the ultimate Lover. God is the One who answers prayers, and prayers can do amazing things in peoples' lives. Turning your heart over to God is the best thing you can do for yourself and your future spouse.
The book helps you understand how to apply what you learn to your day-to-day life and encourages you to think well of your spouse before you even meet him. It also reminds you that your prayers are a gift to your future husband -- the first one you'll give him.
I highly recommend this book for anyone who is single and looking to marry someday. Even as a married woman, I was encouraged to continually pray for my spouse, as the prayers certainly shouldn't stop after marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment